www.robertgraves.org Forum Index www.robertgraves.org
Robert Graves Online Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manuscripts online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.robertgraves.org Forum Index -> St John's College Robert Graves Trust
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian
bard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Manuscripts online Reply with quote

I've been working on integrating some of the manuscripts housed at the SJCRGT within the structure of the database that we're using for Robert's correspondence.

I'm happy to say that apart from a couple of glitches, the software works just as well for the manuscripts as it does for the letters.

I've scanned in documents recently donated to the Trust by Robert's son, Sam to illustrate how complex a task we're faced with:

http://www.robertgraves.org/letters/letter_read.php?first=SJCRGT/misc/&second=SJCRGT_MS_KJ_WtMM

As you can see, one side of the page has a corrected typscript of Wife to Mr Milton on it, the other has King Jesus. Further, the King Jesus page has had another piece of typescript pasted over it as well as numerous corrections in ink.

The full markup of this document as well as identifying which revision of typescript it belongs to will be... interesting to say the least. Smile

Comments are invited.

I should note that the scan is not of the final quality we plan to use. It's been done for illustrative purposes only on an HP ScanJet 4300c scanner. As you'll notice, the mss pages are longer than the scanner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.robertgraves.org Forum Index -> St John's College Robert Graves Trust All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: